Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm a little kid....



What is it about snow that makes me turn into a 5 year old? Seriously, not two weeks ago, we got over 13 inches of snow in Keller, TX...in one day. In fact, it was a single day record for snowfall here. Of course, the weatherman said the night before that we could get a few inches, but thats about it...he was close.




I woke up around 6:30 wanting to get a peek outside to see if it was snowing, or had already snowed. I looked out the window and it was a winter wonderland in my tiny little backyard! There was already about 4 inches on the ground and it was snowing hard! At this point I was wide awake...I ran to the front door to see what the neighborhood looked like, then ran back to the bedroom to make sure Joanna was up to see all the snow. I forced her out of bed and into some warm clothes so we could go out and play in it...I'm pretty sure we were the first ones on our street to be out and about.




We made a snowman (joanna's FIRST snowman ever), I made snow ice cream (Joanna's FIRST ever) and we even tried to go sledding with an ice chest lid. All I could think was that "I'm acting the same today as I did every time it snowed when I was growing up..."




It reminded me of Matthew 18, "Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven..." The snow has reminded me that is where I need to be...trusting Christ like a child trusts his parents, enamored with Christ like a child is when it snows, awed by Christ the way a child is awed by superheroes. Sometimes, at least for me, I get caught up in myself, I need to be reminded to get over myself, quit taking myself so seriously and just trust in Christ...like a little child.




May you all remember, may you all find the inner child and may that inner child remind you that trusting is easier than we make it out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment