Thursday, September 17, 2009

Round one...


I've always seemed to have this knack for getting things close to right, but not quite perfect. Good, but messy good. I was more of a 'B' student in school, I was/am a below average athlete (much to my chagrin), I fear that my friends are better to me than I am to them, I know my wife is! I'm not terribly out of shape, but can't seem to get in great shape. I don't always eat bad, but love a good MoonPie. I don't grow the best beard, but it's not bad! Overall, just a messy attempt at being good.


I'm not a great writer, so hopefully folks don't expect too much from my messy attempt at a blog. I do have an untapped desire in me to express myself this way. It doesn't really matter to me if it gets read or not. Again, it's my messy attempt at getting it out.


Here's what you can expect from me: a weekly (at least) update on my "messy attempt" at living life for something bigger than me. I'm tired of being "Rudy-centric!" My parents always told me when I was little that the world doesn't revolve around me...I get it now. So I'll try to put my life experiences (past, present and future) into the context of scripture and into the context of a fallen, sinful, selfish man who happens to be saved from all of those things thanks to this wonderful mystery called the "Gospel."


Recently, my "Rudy-centric" existence has literally been rocked by the tragic news of yet another brother who has had his secrets exposed for ALL to see. It's not pretty, in fact it's heartbreaking. I don't want that to be me...ever. So, I'm opening up. I'm inviting people into my messy attempt at living this life.


I welcome your comments, suggestions and critiques...bring it! Better yet, join me!
--Rudy

2 comments:

  1. Rudy... you are brave and I respect you highly for how you try to live your life. I totally agree that we are all a mess in some way or another... our lives... our relationships... our ____ fill in the blank... we are less than we want to be... less than God wants us to be... but that is what is so wonderful about the God that I serve... He loves us despite our definitely imperfect selves - unconditionally - completely... right there.UncleD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all-things-rudy.. especially when you're wearing a cardinal hat. hope all is well bro!

    ReplyDelete