Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Village...


What a blast the past month has been for Joanna and I! Most of it has been centered around the Razorbacks, which is both good and bad (thanks to them losing!!), we spent the first weekend of October going to the new Cowboys stadium with my great friend Brian Robinette (see previous post), the next weekend was in Fayetteville at the Auburn game with BOTH the Robinette's, the Qualls', Doug and a whole host of great friends. That was followed by a weekend in The Woodlands baby sitting Jo's little brother and sister and having a blast messing with the Gator fans of that household!


While all that was fun, it was a fresh reminder of how much I miss my friends! Wouldn't it be great if we could start a community all on our own...much like the move The Village (minus all the creepy stuff of course). Think about it, wouldn't it be great if you could hand pick all your favorite people to live in the same community with you. Work together, raise kids together, play and laugh and cry together. Not like a wierd David Koresh compound, simply our own little town. We could call it Friendsville or You're Not Allowed In Town. It would no doubt anger some who would be left on the outside looking in...they would just have to get over it!


I'm pretty sure that's what the Garden of Eden was supposed to be. Lots of people enjoying life free from outside harm and stress. Too bad sin had to screw it up for the rest of us...good one Adam and Eve. And I'm pretty sure that's what Heaven will be like too...lots of great people, and none of the riff raff we have to deal with here :).


So, all that to say, way to go October '09! Thanks for reminding me that God is good....he has blessed us with friends and family that truly do love us. He has promised us a great place to live when we get home someday...and sealed us with the great Holy Spirit guarantees our deposit into our home. Thanks for reminding me that this isn't my home, not Texas, not Fort Worth...I'm the actually the riff raff. I'm ok with that!

2 comments:

  1. I would totally live in your town. If you'd let me. Maybe on some sort of work visa, maybe?
    I love your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh buddy. We so need to find this town! Abby Kate has not stopped talking about "Ruthie and Joanna." You all were SUCH a hit with her. So wish we lived next door. Love and miss you all already!

    ReplyDelete