Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A birds eye view...

We decided, kind of at the last minute, to go to the Arkansas vs. Texas A & M game this past weekend at the new Cowboys Stadium, aka "Jerry's World." What an unbelievable place to watch a game. At first we weren't going, but Brian Robinette was coming in for the game so we decided to go as well. Good choice. It really is a spectacle that all sports fans should see.....but this post isn't about the stadium so I digress.


We DID NOT have good seats to this game, they were way too expensive for us! In fact, we were so high my nose is still bleeding! Sitting that high gave an interesting perspective to the game though. What I began to notice (as I should...I did play pee wee and jr high football) was from our birds eye view we could see everything develop. We could see what the defense was going to do, we could see when a receiver came open, we could see when a big hit was coming. It was actually really cool. Is that the way God sees us? I mean, He's up in Heaven right? Does He look down on us the way I was looking down on the Hogs? I don't think so...what do you think?


Here's what I wished were true, I wish we could see our lives the way I was watching the game. Think about it, if we could see what was coming, just how the enemy was going to attack us the same way a defense attacks a quarterback, wouldn't it make life a little easier? It seems like it would help us all avoid some mistakes, we could gameplan life a little easier. Unfortunately, we can't do that. We have to take a play at a time, one step at a time. So what do we do? We cling to truth, we cling to the Bible, to prayer, to trusted family and friends to help us avoid the defense and succeed in life.


So maybe we don't have the advantage of seeing our world and our lives from a birds eye view, but we do have the advantages of the things I just mentioned. We can pray, we can lean on scripture, we can open up to people we love who can help us move forward. My prayer for you all (and myself) is that we do just that. And when you do get the chance to step back for an aerial view, a snap shot of life...look for the good, look for the successes, look for ways to grow from the past. I love you all....

1 comment:

  1. wonderful insight and well said... you should be a preacher... U.Doug

    ReplyDelete